Host & Producer: Bjorn Behrendt ~ g+ | twitter
- Everything touch: All new computers, laptops, even a touch screen Chromebook.
- Google will lead educational communication
- Google+ will be the next big communication tool for schools.
- Many people who use twitter as their PLN will jump ship to google+
- Google Forms will be completely revamped and improved
- A database tool will become part of Docs
- Google groups functionality will change
- Tablets will be part of the standard teaching tools for a teacher
- Projectorless smartboards
- 1:1 tools
- Chromebooks will be the new 1:1 device of choice.
- Windows surface tablets will be piloted.
- iPads will lose in popularity (except in Main where it will be the new device)
- The Ubuntu tablet will do it right but won’t be adopted. mostly because of price.
- Tablets and smartphones will become much more powerful and some radical new designs, (no more square boxes).
- Physical conference attendance will go down, but digital conferences like the EduOnAir or PDinYourPJ’s conference will increase.
- Common Core, paperless classrooms, flipped learning and PLN’s will be the primary topics. These were big in 2012 but I don’t think we hit a tipping point where people are ready to move on to the next best thing.
Comment Question/Statement ~ Comment Below or leave a voicemail for the show: (802) 772-0855
~ Let me know your predictions for 2013