This method will allow you to host a recorded Hangout On Air (HOA) event that is completely private. Using HOA's you can then screencast from your chromebook. The trick is to use YouTube's "Live Event" feature.
- Open up to your YouTube Channel
- Click on Video Manager and Live Event (You may need to enable this feature http://www.youtube.com/features)
- Create a Live Event
- Set the Event to Private
- Start the hangout
- Start the broadcast (since you created a private event this will not be shared publicly.
- Share your screen
- Do your presentation and then stop your HOA
- Use YouTube to trim your video
- TaDa! your video is recorded and nobody besides the people you wanted could have seen it.
Below is my test that I recorded privately using my Samsung series 5 chromebook. At no point was this video public until I manually changed it afterward to showcase on this post.
* Note: TechSmith is currently working on a true screencast solution for Chromebooks, which at the time of me writing this their SnagIt for chromebooks will only take screenshots.