Edu On Air 2015 event page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c7cndlfsplecdcjfqgf5as1rj3c
My school went 1:1 this year which meant a whirlwind of change. Creating this new culture meant creating or adapting school workflows. I'll showcase the add-ons that have helped me like autoCrat for automated Mail Merges, Choice Eliminator for parent teacher conferences, CheckItOut and Lab Scheduler. Also my newest add-on EZ Query.
This session is part of Education on Air, the free online conference from Google. Register for free at http://goo.gl/Gkww6N.
The journey of creating a culture.
- Get everybody on board, starting with the office staff and administration
- Change common workflows
- Give teachers time to start using it in the classroom.
Workflows that I have changed and the tools I used to help me do it.
- Computer Labs:
- Check Out Spares:
- Add-on: CheckItOut
- Add-on: Fuzzy matches
- Example: Spare Checkout Form
- Example: Spare Checkout Form Results
- Activities schedule:
- Blog Post: =filter() or =query() functions
- Example: FHUHS using filters
- Example: EduOnAir using query
- Plays on website & lobby kiosk
- Parent Teacher Conferences:
- Add-on: Choice Eliminator
- Incident Report:
- Add-on: AutoCrat
- Add-on: CopyDown
- Example: Template report
- Example: Form
- Example: Dataset (CopyDown Formula used: =row())
- Print & Digital forms
- Forms, make a copy
- Forms with lots of data: